Creating a website for your business or personal brand is a great way to boost your online exposure. But designing a multi-page website can be time-consuming and complicated. And if you have a business to run, you don’t want to spend your time maintaining it, either. With single-page website hosting, you can still benefit from online activity without needing to spend too much effort on a complex website. With the right design and content, your single-page website can work for your company.
What Does a Single-Page Website Need?
Making a single-page website does require some planning ahead of time. Overall, you’ll want to make sure you include the key elements that every website should have. You’ll also want to pay attention to the layout and design of your website. A cluttered or broken site can actually harm your online presence more than not having a site at all. But as long as you take the time to ensure your content is presented properly, you can create a professional single-page website.
Key Elements for Single-Page Website Hosting
When making any kind of website, there are certain elements that you’ll need to include. By having these elements, you ensure your SEO scores are good and that users can find all the information they need. As you create your single-page website, make sure you have the following:
- About Us Section – Having a small paragraph or two detailing your company/brand is imperative. This helps users know what your business is about. It should ideally be located near the top of your page. This section should also include contact information so others can reach you if needed.
- Social Media Links – Having a website is great, but being active on social media is better. Somewhere on your website, you should have links to your other accounts, such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc. Doing this allows users to follow you on other media, helping you increase your online reach.
- Backlinks – Linking your website to other professional sites in the same industry can greatly improve your search engine optimization scores. When creating backlinks, make sure the webpage you are linking to is relevant to the text with the link. For example, if the text reads ‘new dental procedures,’ you don’t want to link to a page about spring fashion.
Layout and Design
As long as you have the basic website elements needed, you can fill the rest of your single-page website with whatever content you want. However, it’s still important to organize that content in a well-crafted layout. By following these layout and design tips, your website will appear more professional to viewers.
- Color Coordination – Picking out a color scheme for your website can be tricky. If you already have colors used in other promotional materials, such as your logo or social media sites, then try to maintain the same color scheme on your website. Avoid using too many contrasting colors, as this can cause irritation if viewed for too long.
- Font Choice – Fancy fonts can be fun, and they make great use for headers or titles of content sections. However, they are difficult to read. Avoid using them in paragraphs of text to ensure users can view your content with ease.
- Text and Image Balance – Large blocks of text are instantly a turn-off for many website users. Instead, try breaking up your text with images, headers, and lists. If using images, make sure you alternate where on the screen these images occur. Too many images in one section can create an imbalance.
Single-Page Website Hosting Plans
With your website all set up and ready to go, it’s time to choose a hosting plan. Single-page website hosting plans are typically more cost-effective than multi-page hosting plans. Because you won’t have as much content to load, and less user interaction, you don’t need as much power or resources to host successfully. This means you can utilize shared hosting plans to help cut down on costs without giving up on performance. There are two main types of hosting plans that work best with single-page website hosting.
Shared Hosting Plans
Shared hosting plans are the cheapest hosting option available. In a shared plan, you’re splitting the cost of a server by splitting the resources it provides with other website owners. If you have a complex website, this means less power to help it run efficiently. But single-page website hosting doesn’t require as much to run. So you can safely share hosting with others and still have a functional website for your business or brand.
WordPress Hosting Plans
Creating the code for a website can be difficult. And unless you want to learn how to do it yourself, you’ll have to spend some big bucks getting it made for you. However, website-building programs such as WordPress allow users to create beautiful and professional websites without needing any coding skills at all. Creating a single-page website in WordPress is easy with their pre-made templates that allow you to simply change the text and images. Hosting your single-page website designed through WordPress allows you to get superior hosting power with the ease of design WordPress allows.
Single-Page Website Hosting with Cirrus Hosting
At Cirrus Hosting, we believe in providing the best hosting experience for all of our clients. Whether you run a multi-million dollar corporation that needs a dedicated server or a personal brand that just needs a sliver of a server to operate, we have the hosting plan for you. Our single-page website hosting packages include advanced security, 24/7 customer support, and free migration. We also offer managed website hosting services so you can spend more time on your business. If you’re ready to get started, you can browse our available hosting plans online or give us a call at 1-647-478-9984 for more information.