Cirrus Hosting is happy to announce that we are now offering the latest version of CentOS on our Dedicated Server plans and we are in the process of offering it to our cloud VM/VPS clients. CentOS 8 comes with lots of new features and upgrades. Let’s take a look at some of them:
- Introduction of new package manager it’s based on DNF technology. This offers enhanced dependency calculations and optimizes memory utilization.
- Encrypted Root File System
- Virtual Data Optimizer (VDO)
- nftables is a default filtering framework
- Python 3.6 is the default version and CentOS 8 still supports Python 2