Business Development Officer
$35 per hour
35 hours per week
- Develop policies and administer programs to promote industrial and commercial business investment in urban and rural areas
- Design market research questionnaires
- Conduct social or economic surveys on local, regional or national areas to assess development potential and future trends
- Plan development projects and co-ordinate activities with representatives of a wide variety of industrial and commercial enterprises, community and business associations and government agencies
- Assess business opportunities and develop strategies to attract venture capital
- Respond to enquiries from members of the business community and general public concerning development opportunities
- Review and evaluate commercial or industrial development proposals and provide advice on procedures and requirements for government approval
- Conduct surveys and analyze data on the buying habits and preferences of wholesale or retail consumers
- Evaluate customer service and store environments
- Conduct comparative research on marketing strategies for industrial and commercial products
- Develop social and economic profiles of urban and rural areas to encourage industrial and commercial investment and development.
- Prepare reports, research papers, educational texts or articles
- Plan and develop E-commerce strategies
- Provide consultation on planning and starting of new businesses.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree
Experience: 5 years or more
How to apply:
212-5000 Dufferin St.