The web/cloud hosting industry is an extremely competitive market; Hosting companies invest heavily in enhancing their infrastructure to provide reliable services and assist customers with implementing their business continuity plans. Studies show implementing a robust backup and restore solution -on dedicated and virtual machines – is the most pressing tasks of IT departments. At Cirrus Tech we partnered with R1Soft to provide reliable backup solutions to small business and corporate customers.
We interviewed Ali Mirdamadi, CEO of Cirrus Tech Ltd. to find out more about Cirrus Hosting Backup solution.
Q: Why taking the backup is important?
Ali: In IT world, data protection is basically the most important task that a customer faces. I’ll give you an example If the server breaks like CPU failure or faulty memory you can always change those parts, However if you have a bad drive then you are mostly in the situation where your data is impacted somehow, It’s either lost or corrupted which is why data protection and backup is extremely important and for that, backup solutions are needed so that you be sure you have something to go back to.
Backups are not just for disasters recovery but they are also important when you face with other challenges like a fallen victim to cyber-attacks specifically where your data/website is encrypted or defaced by a hacker, or maybe your server is infected with a virus and you want to go back to your original data. Even human errors can cause data loss; people accidentally delete files or folders.
Q: Why we choose R1Soft?
Ali: We used to provide an in-house backup solution but we felt that the R1soft solution offers additional features that may appeal to most of our customers. In developing our corporate services, we always partner with leaders in the respective fields to offer more value-added services to our customers. We also wanted to choose the product that offers support for protecting various lines of business applications like Microsoft SharePoint and Microsoft Exchange Server.
first and foremost R1Soft is a very robust solution that actually WORKS all the times, we do not have to worry about backup failing on us, if you can’t use the backup to restore your data then what is the point of having a backup in the first place! Based on our own experience, R1Soft came to our rescue in a few occasions.
Q: What are the R1Soft features?
Ali: R1Soft has unique features that make it ideal and extremely suitable for our business and our customers.
- Continues Data Protection – R1Soft reads the data directly from the disk or volume and uses block-level backup which drastically reduces the disk and network I/O.
- Control Panel Interface – R1Soft has a web interface which allows our customer to manage their backup and restore.
- Quick Restore – R1Soft also allows the customer to restore individual files. Or restore the entire server from scratch meaning your operating system, configuration, an application and data. So in one shot you basically restore the entire server.
- Multi-Platform Support: R1Soft supports a variety of operating systems. We are not worried about OS compatibility.
- Data Retention Policies – R1soft give you the option to specify the frequency of “recovery points” (backups) and customers are able to create as many recovery points as they choose. You can take backups that are 15 minutes apart or weeks apart. And since it is taking incremental backups it always backups the changes.
- DB Backup- R1Soft supports taking backups directly from databases, which give customers a peace of mind that all backups are consistent. In another word, if you have a database open and you take a backup at the same time, that backup may not have all the information in the database. R1Soft allows you to actually get a direct backup from MySQL databases that are another important point that R1Soft offers. (this is an add-on service)
As a hosting provider, we offer flexible pricing to our customers and our customers have the option to choose onsite or offsite backup regardless where their actual server or virtual machine resides. For detail information about our backup plans please click here.